With apologies to Elvis.
Nate Shenk of Shenk It Up started this whole thing by shenking a couple of bloggers I follow – they aren’t the first either. Apparently he shenks a LOT. Someone should keep an eye on him, just sayin’.
Pamela Hart at Harts Beat figured I could use a good laugh or writing prompt or something and listed me as one of her shenkees. Thanks Pam!
The way I understand this shenking thing is that I answer Pam’s 11 questions, I list 11 things about myself – wait, the 11 answers to the questions don’t count as 11 things about myself? Weird. But okay, I’ll be a good sport. Plus I can use the writing practice. Oh and then I’m supposed to tag 11 other bloggers. See that? There’s a pattern here. Or something. (I told you I could use the practice!)
11 Questions from Pam:
1. What is your astrological sign? Scorpio, and everything you’ve ever heard about Scorpios is TRUE. Heh heh heh.
2. What state do you live in? Would you rather live in a different state? I live in Western Washington. I wouldn’t mind living in another state but it has to be by the ocean. Not necessarily on the water, just within a short drive. Do NOT landlock me; it makes me crabby!
3. What is YOUR favorite automobile? Ooooh! Give me a 1965 Pontiac GTO or Chevy Malibu! Convertible please!! So I can have those ocean breezes blowing through my hair!
4. What would you do if your blog became VERY popular? Laugh myself silly.
5. What’s the first thing you notice when you meet someone? Their face. I’d like to say something deep here about meeting their eyes and knowing in an instant that we have a bond. But really, I’m just checking to see if they have something in their teeth.
6. Do you think Americans are over-medicated now-a-days? This one is tough. I prefer a more natural approach when at all possible. That said, Hubs is on 2 prescriptions which he MUST take daily or risk debilitating gout attacks and elevated blood pressure. And his Dad is on more than a dozen I think – he has pancreatic cancer after all.
7. What was the best piece of advice you ever received? My Mom recommended birth control when I was a teenager. That was the extent of our talk about sex when I was growing up. “Some day you’re going to want to be with a boy and you need to protect yourself.” Or something like that. We weren’t close so this was actually a pretty big deal for her if not for me.
8. What is your dream job? Some kind of volunteer gig would rock – if I was in better shape physically (in other words knee not bone to bone) I’d so go volunteer for Habitat for Humanity and build houses! But since I need a paycheck if I could pick anything at all I’d work in a library! All those BOOKS! Doh! (Sorry, I think I drooled a little. Here, let me get that…)
9. Who is your favorite actor/actress? David Tennant hands down…or maybe hands on! Favorite actress is a toss up. I’m not a huge fan of today’s crop of starlets. If I had to choose it would be between Sandra Bullock and Ashley Judd. Now if we’re talking favorite in all of moviedom’s history, well that would have to be a whole ‘nother post. (Wait! What a GREAT idea, see Pam this is helping me already!)
10. What is your favorite movie? Again, I have to choose one? Can’t do it. But these two are right up there. I can watch them again and again.
Stranger Than Fiction and The Man From Earth
Don’t freak when you see that Will Ferrell stars in Stranger Than Fiction; it’s NOT a typical Will Ferrell movie. I avoid those like the plague.
11. What type of books do you like to read? When I’m not reading blogs I read a lot of fiction for the escape it provides. All different kinds: mystery/suspense – The Conspiracy Club by Jonathan Kellerman); contemporary – Lost and Found by Jacqueline Sheehan (five stars!!); chick lit – ANYTHING by Janet Evanovich; and legal thrillers (I am a legal secretary after all). I enjoy biographies too. John Adams was spectacular! All the historical references and descriptions plus how the language in his letters flowed – so cool.
So…11 things about me, hmm. Are you sure I can’t just copy the list up there ↑ down here ↓? No? Okay then. This may take awhile.
1. I’m going to be a grandma again! I know right? I have 8 grandchildren already and our newlywed daughter has a bun in the oven! August can’t get here fast enough! Oh wait, strike that. I don’t want to wish away my summer, we have so little warm weather here.
2. Which leads me to this – I live in the Pacific Northwest. I’d like to get all dramatic and say it RAINS ALL THE DAMN TIME but that wouldn’t be true. It didn’t rain last Tuesday.
3. I’m married to my soul mate, best friend and general pain in the ass. We’ll celebrate 14 years this June. It’s a second marriage for both of us but it’s the ONE and ONLY as far as we’re concerned. Now if we could somehow ditch the Ex.
4. Wow, this is hard. How did you guys come up with 11 things about yourselves?
5. I work in a law office. It’s a humungous firm with offices all over the freakin’ world and they just keep opening new ones! But I’m still not getting a raise this year. Damn it.
6. I’m a fugitive on the run; I’m wanted in three states and also Canada. (Just seeing if you’re paying attention!)
7. I love to write but I don’t do it enough. Sometimes it’s really a pain (I started a novel a few years back and it’s still not done) but mainly I enjoy it. Blogging has made me actually sit down and write more regularly which is what I need I think to get back on track.
8. I don’t like chocolate [ducks] unless it’s dark chocolate. This might explain William (but that’s a post for another day).
9. Wow, only three more to go!
10. Well two, since I wasted that one.
11. I’m grateful. I started blogging late last year as a means to unload a lot of emotional garbahge and I’ve been made to feel very welcome by so many wonderful bloggers and readers. It feels nice to belong to something so thanks very much.
I’m not going to tag 11 bloggers. I will recommend you check out some of the blogs I follow. See the list over on the right → I know you can’t see anything there but go to the top of the page the list is UP there!
They’re all fabulous (wave everyone) and would appreciate it if you stopped by.