Okay, not really. But I am a Versatile Blogger!! Woo hoo! I think I have 18 posts total and someone likes me well enough to give me this fantabulous award! Thanks Dana!
When I started this blog I didn’t have any dreams of making it big in the blogosphere, just the opposite. I wanted (and still want) to remain as anonymous as possible. How else can I rant about my family and not piss them off? But I have to say it’s nice to be liked. And to be followed, in a non-creepy internet stalkerish sort of way.
I was nominated by Dana the Biped, of Five Legs Between Us. I love keeping up with Dana and Prada! I laugh, I learn and I keep going back for more. She makes my heart happy, especially her efforts in finding homes for homeless 3-legged doggies! I’d take them all if I could! This particular post had me almost snorting chocolate cake and was the reason I started stal…uh following Dana: Defensive Karaoke, Part One.
So here’s the deal with this award: I’m supposed to (a) nominate 15 bloggers; (b) inform them of the nomination; (c) share 7 random things about myself; (d) thank the blogger who nominated me; and (e) add the Versatile Blogger logo to my post. Alrighty then, fasten your seat belts – here we go!
I follow a whole bunch of blogs regularly but unfortunately several of them have already been nominated and the others are – as Brian Christensen mentioned in his Versatile Blogger post – “hugely popular”. Not that there’s anything wrong with that! It just seems unlikely that they’d even notice if I nominated them. Ahem, and the nominations are, in no particular order:
1. Grammy, of gram-cracker.com. Grammy posts yummy recipes; amusing and helpful tips for dealing with various aspects of life; and beautiful photos of her new grandbaby Avery! She pulls no punches and tells it like it is. Go Grammy! (She was also my very first follower!)
2. Jo, of The Bright Yellow Balloon. Jo makes me smile and think with her posts. Self-described as the Queen of Random, Jo knows how to put words together to great effect. She shares her fears and frustrations as well as her triumphs. I look forward to seeing new posts from her in my feed!
3. Gia, of Mayor Gia. Gia does double duty as the Mayor and Sheriff of her own Crazy Town. Be prepared for a wild ride when you visit her. Using words and artwork, she’s entertaining and usually upbeat. The only downside is she makes me feel old … but then I am old, so that’s not entirely her fault!
4. Pamela Hart of Harts Beat. I’ve just started reading Pamela’s blog so I’m not as familiar with her as I am with my other nominees. I like what I’ve read so far – her interaction with and stories about her family are lively and fun which always makes me smile. I’m looking forward to reading back through her posts and getting to know her a little better.
There you have them! And now, 7 random things about Moi:
1. I started writing when I was a child, making up stories for my brother about our kitchen appliances coming to life at night. (Technically I wasn’t writing, they never got put on paper but the principle was the same, right? Right?)
2. I have written poetry for years but lost most of it when my computer fried! That’ll teach me to backup my hard drives!
3. I’m not a fan of chocolate – unless it’s dark, preferably with nuts.
4. If memory serves, I have exactly two college classes under my belt (maybe three, I really can’t remember, and I wasn’t even drinking back then so shut up!).
5. My career as a legal secretary began 20-something years ago completely by accident.
6. One of my favorite nicknames is “Lawrence” given to me by my good friends Gary & Kim when they were my pastors. Don’t ask, I never really understood it either but I can still hear them saying it and it makes me smile.
7. I own a smart phone but it’s been lobotomized – it only does phone calls and text messages because the rest of that stuff costs way too much on my limited budget! Interpretation: “No Twitter for YOU!”
And although I’ve already said thank you I’ll reiterate – THANKS DANA! So glad you enjoy my musing/ranting/carrying on! Everyone go check her out…um no, her BLOG, check out her BLOG. (Man, I did that while commenting on Pamela’s blog too. I think I need some time off, and not for more doctor appointments. Sigh.)
Lastly – here it is! Purty!
And now I’m off to bear witness to my nominees!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Let’s be safe out there!